You are not connected. Please login or register

Plans for the not so distant future

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Plans for the not so distant future on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:04 pm

GreenShadow12

Chancellor
Chancellor
Hello everyone!
I wanted to let you all know about some of the plans the Government has for the future.

First of all, we will try editing the world map and making it much smaller in the shape of the United Kingdom. This will give the server more originality, less lag and we will get the touch of roleplay even more.

Following this, the city creation system will have to be changed, considering the world will be smaller. To say the least, only the Government will be able to make more future cities however there will still be appointed people as Mayors (and city counselors) to help run the cities and improve on it, while the Department of Construction is in-charge of building all of the aspects.

In other news, we're still waiting for a Developer to finish working on the plugin we'll be using for the university.

Please let me know if you like this idea; why or why not.

2 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Jenkins11457

Yes, i do believe we need to get in touch with RP a bit more, for even i am creating a 'family' to live in my suburb house to add aspect of RP i think maybe in the future there could be a way to make families or so, maybe something that will allow the player to create a last name and everyone in the family is labeled with it as well? I also would like to state that remaking the map would be interesting.

3 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Jagaeg

I disagree with city creation system because i thought freedom building/creating own city was one of the uniqueness of the server. Also if government appoint Mayor, their would be not a lot of chance for newcomer to be part of government and it will ruin people's dream of making own city/town

Thanks-
Jagaeg

4 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Infomercial_10

I agree with Jagaeg on this one, What happens to the towns that are already established? Do we just lose all the money and time that went into building them? Same goes for the villages like my own that is still growing slowly.

I propose a vote to see who wants a new world and who would like to stay with the current one. This is a democracy server after all.

-Info

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

6 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Yaeren

Maybe there could be a second country that's a lot larger and free, so anyone can live without restrictions, and form towns (This country wouldn't need a proper government) as they wish. I don't want to be so limited though! The UK is a small country... And players should have some hope to build their own town.

7 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Yaeren

@Infomercial_10 wrote:I agree with Jagaeg on this one, What happens to the towns that are already established? Do we just lose all the money and time that went into building them? Same goes for the villages like my own that is still growing slowly.

I propose a vote to see who wants a new world and who would like to stay with the current one. This is a democracy server after all.

-Info

Yes! We need to vote! I've noticed the government doesn't let us vote on like ANYTHING!

8 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:18 pm

GreenShadow12

Chancellor
Chancellor
Thank you everyone for your feedback, this is what I like to see. Obviously if a lot of people aren't for this idea, we will not be proceeding with it.
The Government won't be appointing Mayors, they would have to be elected by town residents, along with the city council. The Mayor and the Counselors would then be the local government for the city, making sure the city operates well and everything is as according to law, of course they would have the ability to remodel something with additional (recommended) help from the Department of Construction. Also, I have plans not to terminate the system of city creations all in all, but adjust it in a proper manner when the time comes.

@Infomercial_10 wrote:What happens to the towns that are already established? Do we just lose all the money and time that went into building them?
There are no other cities, that are approved, aside from the Capital city. In case someone started working on one and we proceed with this plan, I'm sure there can be a compromise with the player and the Government into making that city official one day with additional help of the Department of Construction; like I said above I don't want to completely remove the city creation system.

Overall, while the world would be indeed smaller, there would still be a lot of space in the wild. You have to understand that this is supposed to be a city roleplay server where most of the activity and affairs are done in cities rather than the wilderness.

Regarding voting, there will be a feedback vote once some of the questions are answered. The Parliament is the legislative branch of the server, as soon as more people get flowing in and potentially more towns get up, I'm going to introduce it back along with elections for the Member of Parliament positions.

9 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:38 pm

hillabilla

I'm on the fence about it. I like the idea of a more RP-based play but also love adventuring. Then again, if it is quartered off, we might be able to avoid those corrupt chunks that keep swallowing people lol

10 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Yaeren

@hillabilla wrote:I'm on the fence about it.  I like the idea of a more RP-based play but also love adventuring.  Then again, if it is quartered off, we might be able to avoid those corrupt chunks that keep swallowing people lol

That's true! The smaller world benefits the server more, but some of us really love to explore, which is something that we won't have.

11 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:50 pm

hillabilla

@Yaeren wrote:
@hillabilla wrote:I'm on the fence about it.  I like the idea of a more RP-based play but also love adventuring.  Then again, if it is quartered off, we might be able to avoid those corrupt chunks that keep swallowing people lol

That's true! The smaller world benefits the server more, but some of us really love to explore, which is something that we won't have.

Exactly. Man, exploring is great. If we can still find a way to incorporate both the adventuring and RPing I think we might be onto something incredible.

13 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:59 pm

GreenShadow12

Chancellor
Chancellor
There will still be a lot of space left to explore. You underestimate the size of minecraft world maps and the size of the UK itself (it'll be based on the UK but not fully identical).

I hardly see all of it being explored, let alone claimed by players.

14 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:01 pm

hillabilla

@GreenShadow12 wrote:There will still be a lot of space left to explore. You underestimate the size of minecraft world maps and the size of the UK itself (it'll be based on the UK but not fully identical).

Oh oh oh!  This is to scale?? Shocked I'm game!

15 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Yaeren

If it's to scale then that could be something. But Alaska is seven times larger than the UK... We'd want a second island if we got too many players and it started to get a bit crowded.

16 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:45 pm

Luxaholic

@Yaeren wrote:If it's to scale then that could be something. But Alaska is seven times larger than the UK... We'd want a second island if we got too many players and it started to get a bit crowded.
first of all, its not gonna be to scale, the UK is over 100,000 blocks wide at its thinnest point. to put that into perspective, the current map is 30,000x30,000 and its barely been touched. The new map might be 20kx10k, maybe a bit bigger if I feel like putting that much effort into it, to put that into perspective, its about 1/4 the size of delaware or about 1/2 the size of the isle of man. besides that I think we might be able to just make it an island and all around the island can be regular minecraft terrain for people to explore. But it is NOT going to be anywhere close to the size of the UK.

17 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 am

Yaeren

@Luxaholic wrote:
@Yaeren wrote:If it's to scale then that could be something. But Alaska is seven times larger than the UK... We'd want a second island if we got too many players and it started to get a bit crowded.
first of all, its not gonna be to scale, the UK is over 100,000 blocks wide at its thinnest point. to put that into perspective, the current map is 30,000x30,000 and its barely been touched. The new map might be 20kx10k, maybe a bit bigger if I feel like putting that much effort into it, to put that into perspective, its about 1/4 the size of delaware or about 1/2 the size of the isle of man. besides that I think we might be able to just make it an island and all around the island can be regular minecraft terrain for people to explore. But it is NOT going to be anywhere close to the size of the UK.

That's a good point. I still would love every type of biome in it, I suppose that's not a problem with a 20Kx10K map? And will the Nether and End still exist? If the end exists as it is now...

18 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:30 am

Infomercial_10

@GreenShadow12 wrote:There will still be a lot of space left to explore. You underestimate the size of minecraft world maps and the size of the UK itself (it'll be based on the UK but not fully identical).

If it isn't being identical to the Uk could we the players have a say in what the map looks like? Something along those lines? Yaeren also mentioned the idea of a second island. Maybe allow the players to go and settle that after some time. Like an expansion of sorts? I'm not quite too sure on the specifics of that or what would make that necessary but it is food for thought.

19 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Luxaholic

@Infomercial_10 wrote:

If it isn't being identical to the Uk could we the players have a say in what the map looks like? Something along those lines? Yaeren also mentioned the idea of a second island. Maybe allow the players to go and settle that after some time. Like an expansion of sorts? I'm not quite too sure on the specifics of that or what would make that necessary but it is food for thought.
what if we did one main island for the city and suburbs and whatnot and then a nearby larger island for exploring and building and settling in the wild. I also had the idea of having concentrated regions of ores and specific blocks so that if a player hits a concentrated area it'd be like striking oil. So for example one region will have large concentrated amounts of iron ore and if they claim that region they'd be able to have quarries in the area which could provide jobs to other players (mining and moving ores as well as distributing it to shops). I would make multiple regions like this to prevent monopolies (although one person could claim all the regions if they tried hard enough). What do you think? Also Im open to any shapes you want

20 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Yaeren

Oh my gosh great idea Lux! There should be a giant metropolis island with the city, suburbs, etc. and a huge bridge leading to the free land. The city could be a rather circular island, and the wilderness could be shaped as the UK!

22 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:05 am

Infomercial_10

@Dapocalypse wrote:Also I dissagree with the desision to have the government only be aboe to make cities. Althought I suppose you could make villages or towns that can turn into cities.

Isn't that what we have now?

24 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:27 am

Infomercial_10

@Dapocalypse wrote:No you can instantly create a city.

No you cant. You must build an airport, buy 30,000 krunas worth of land, set up a town hall,set up plots, and then get approved by the government in order to become a city.

25 Re: Plans for the not so distant future on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:31 pm

PureStupidity_

I agree with the governments help because it stop random cities being made, and make the process of building/paying for the city easier.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum